- 4 cups dry penne pasta
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ pound L&B Fresh All Natural Italian Turkey Sausage
- 4 ounces sliced turkey pepperoni
- ½ green bell pepper, medium diced
- 1 small yellow onion, medium diced
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 ounces sliced black olives
- 24 ounces marinara pasta sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Heat oven to 325 F.
Cook penne pasta to al dente according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the ground beef and turkey sausage and cook, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, until browned, about 10 minutes. Drain off any excess fat.
Add cooked meat to a large mixing bowl. Add the pepperoni, bell pepper, onion, Parmesan cheese, oregano, garlic, olives, marinara sauce and cooked penne. Toss to combine.
Pour the filling into a 9×13-inch casserole pan and evenly sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbling. Serve hot. Leftover pizza hot dish can be covered and stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Recipe source: Tastes Better From Scratch