Pickled Refrigerator Veggies
- 2 cups thick-sliced or baby cucumbers
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, cut into sticks or rounds
- 2 cups separated/cut small cauliflower florets
- 1 1/2 cups red or orange bell peppers,, cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon Lunds & Byerlys Coriander Seeds
- 2 tablespoons Lunds & Byerlys Yellow Mustard Seeds
- 2 tablespoons Lunds & Byerlys Whole Peppercorns
- 2 serrano peppers, (optional)
- 6 cloves garlic, separated and paper removed
- 18 sprigs fresh dill
- 4 tablespoons Lunds & Byerlys Honey
- 2 tablespoons Lunds & Byerlys Sea Salt
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 2 cups water
- Wash 2 (1-quart) or 4 (1-pint) mason jars and lids in hot, soapy water; rinse and let air dry.
- Mix cut veggies in one bowl. Mix all dry spices in another small bowl.
- Split serrano peppers in half, so you have 4 pieces total.
- Tightly pack the cut vegetables into the two mason jars.
- Divide the mixed spices, serrano peppers, garlic and dill between the two jars, layering them with the veggies in such a way that they are evenly spread out among the jars.
- In a medium saucepan, heat honey, salt, vinegar and water to create a brine.
- Once boiling, pour the brine mixture into the jars (this works well in the sink).
- Place the lids on the jars and screw on the rings until they are tight. Let cool on the counter on a protective towel for a few hours and then transfer to the refrigerator. Leave 24 hours before tasting.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.