Pickled Refrigerator Veggies
These pickled veggies make a flavor-packed snack – and they last up to three months
in the refrigerator.
Makes 2 quarts
Preparation time: 45 minutes
2 cups thick-sliced or baby cucumbers
1 ½ cups carrots, cut into sticks or rounds
2 cups separated/cut small cauliflower florets
1 ½ cups red or orange bell peppers, cut into chunks
1 tablespoon Lunds & Byerlys Coriander Seeds
2 tablespoons Lunds & Byerlys Yellow Mustard Seeds
2 tablespoons Lunds & Byerlys Whole Peppercorns
2 serrano peppers (optional)
6 cloves garlic, separated and paper removed
18 sprigs fresh dill
4 tablespoons Lunds & Byerlys Honey
2 tablespoons Lunds & Byerlys Sea Salt
2 cups white wine vinegar
2 cups water
- Wash 2 (1-quart) or 4 (1-pint) mason jars and lids in hot, soapy water; rinse and
let air dry.
- Mix cut veggies in one bowl. Mix all dry spices in another small bowl.
- Split serrano peppers in half, so you have 4 pieces total.
- Tightly pack the cut vegetables into the two mason jars.
- Divide the mixed spices, serrano peppers, garlic and dill between the two jars,
layering them with the veggies in such a way that they are evenly spread out
among the jars.
- In a medium saucepan, heat honey, salt, vinegar and water to create a brine.
- Once boiling, pour the brine mixture into the jars (this works well in the sink).
- Place the lids on the jars and screw on the rings until they are tight. Let cool on
the counter on a protective towel for a few hours and then transfer to the
refrigerator. Leave 24 hours before tasting.