Pesto and Prosciutto Crostini
- 24 baguette slices
- 1/2 cup Il Forteto Pesto alla Genovese pesto, divided
- 3 ounce thinly sliced prosciutto
- 3/4 cup roasted tomatoes in olive oil, drained, diced, (from olive bar in deli)
- 1 cup shredded Trugole cheese
- Place baguette slices on baking sheet. Place on oven rack 4 inches below broiler. Broil slices until just golden (about 1 minute). Turn; broil just until golden.
- Spread each baguette slice with 1 teaspoon pesto. Slice prosciutto crosswise into ½-inch strips; arrange over pesto on each baguette slice. Evenly divide tomatoes over prosciutto; sprinkle with cheese.
- Broil until cheese is melted (1-2 minutes).
- To Serve: Remove pan from freezer. Using a large spoon, scrape across frozen surface to create ice particles. Serve immediately in frozen stemmed glasses.
- Variations: Substitute 4 ounces pancetta, diced, cooked crisp for the prosciutto. Substitute diced, seeded Roma tomatoes for roasted tomatoes.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.