Serve these traditional bite-size pecan pies at your next gathering! They’re perfect for holidays and other events.
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 3 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- ⅔ cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 325 F.
- For pastry, in a mixing bowl beat the ½ cup butter and cream cheese until combined. Stir in the flour. Press a rounded teaspoon of pastry evenly into the bottom and up the sides of 24 ungreased 1¾ inch muffin cups.
- For pecan filling, in a bowl beat egg, brown sugar and the 1 tablespoon melted butter until combined. Stir in pecans. Spoon about 1 heaping teaspoon of filling into each pastry-lined muffin cup. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until pastry is golden and filling is puffed. Cool slightly in pan. Carefully transfer to a wire rack and let cool.
Amount: 2 dozen
Recipe source: Better Homes and Gardens