Pear & Kale Salad
- For the dressing:
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, (1 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- For the salad:
- 6 cups torn kale leaves
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 1 large ripe pear, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup toasted almonds, (or nuts of your choice)
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 tablespoons roasted sunflower seeds
- 1 ounce Manchego cheese, shaved
Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper in a jar with a screw-top lid. Shake to blend.
In a large bowl, add the kale and drizzle with a tablespoon or two of dressing. Massage the kale with your hands for 1 to 2 minutes, or until it becomes tender and a deeper green in color.
Top with arugula, sliced pears, almonds, pomegranate seeds, sunflower seeds and cheese.
Spoon the remaining dressing over the salad just before serving.