Peanut Butter Cup Pie
- For the crust:
- 24 Oreos
- 12-oz bag of miniature peanut butter cups
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- For the chocolate ganache:
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- For the filling:
- 1½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, (do not use light/reduced-fat cream cheese)
- 1¾ cups powdered sugar
- 1½ cups peanut butter, (do not use natural peanut butter)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a food processor, pulse the Oreos until resembling fine crumbs.
- Add 20 miniature peanut butter cups and pulse more until resembling fine crumbs.
- Add melted butter and pulse until combined.
- Press into the bottom of a lightly greased pie dish or 8-9” springform pan.
- Melt chocolate chips and heavy cream in microwave-safe bowl in microwave in intervals of 30 seconds, stirring between each interval, until completely melted.
- Pour approximately ¾ of the ganache over the crust and spread with a spatula to evenly cover the crust.
- Put in freezer for 20 minutes to allow ganache to set before putting the cream cheese filling on top.
- In large bowl with electric mixer, beat the heavy cream until soft peaks form.
- In a separate bowl with electric mixer, beat together the cream cheese and powdered sugar until well combined, about 1 minute.
- Add peanut butter and vanilla and beat until combined, about 1 minute.
- Fold in whipped cream until completely combined.
- Evenly spread filling over ganache layer.
- Roughly chop the remaining peanut butter cups and sprinkle over peanut butter filling.
- Lastly, drizzle with remaining ganache. You will probably need to re-melt the ganache a little so it easily drizzles.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours (ideally overnight for clean slices). Serve and enjoy!
- Recipe by: greens & chocolate | http://www.greensnchocolate.com/
To make crust:
To make the ganache:
To make the filling:
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.