Peanut Butter Cup Pie
If you’re a fan of peanut butter and chocolate, this pie from Twin Cities food blogger greens & chocolate is made for you!
If I had to choose my favorite flavor combination with chocolate it would be, without a doubt, chocolate and peanut butter. No brainer. Sure, I love chocolate and coconut, chocolate and caramel, and I’ll even be weird every once in awhile and obsess over chocolate and citrus. But nothing compares to my love for chocolate and peanut butter.
This Peanut Butter Cup Pie is pretty much everything my peanut butter and chocolate dreams are made of. I mean – just look at it! I could eat a piece of this every night and be a happy girl.
The pie starts with a crust that is made of crushed Oreos and peanut butter cups. Yep, I put peanut butter cups in the crust. And the best part of it: it’s a no-bake crust, making this entire pie oven-free.
After the crust, there’s a healthy layer of chocolate ganache on top of the crust. When I say healthy I mean it’s a substantial layer. It’s not low-calorie, Paleo, Whole-30 approved or good for the waistline in any manner. Just so we’re clear.
Then there’s that peanut butter cream cheese filling! I would have eaten it all with a spoon if I could have. The filling is a no-bake cream cheese filling that is somehow rich and peanut buttery while still feeling light and fluffy.
For good measure I chopped up more peanut butter cups and tossed them on top, along with a healthy drizzle of chocolate ganache because why the heck not? If we’re gonna eat pie, let’s EAT PIE.
This Peanut Butter Cup Pie is the perfect dessert to cap off a meal. Whether it’s a dinner party with friends, date night in with your sweetie or a fun alternative to a birthday cake – this pie will not disappoint!
Peanut Butter Cup Pie
For the crust:
- 24 Oreos
- 12-ounce bag of miniature peanut butter cups
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
For the chocolate ganache:
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
For the filling:
- 1½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese (do not use light/reduced-fat cream cheese)
- 1¾ cups powdered sugar
- 1½ cups peanut butter (do not use natural peanut butter)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
To make the crust:
- In a food processor, pulse the Oreos until resembling fine crumbs.
- Add 20 miniature peanut butter cups and pulse more until resembling fine crumbs.
- Add melted butter and pulse until combined.
- Press into the bottom of a lightly greased pie dish or 8-9” springform pan.
To make the ganache:
- Melt chocolate chips and heavy cream in microwave-safe bowl in microwave in intervals of 30 seconds, stirring between each interval, until completely melted.
- Pour approximately ¾ of the ganache over the crust and spread with a spatula to evenly cover the crust.
- Put in freezer for 20 minutes to allow ganache to set before putting the cream cheese filling on top.
To make the filling:
- In large bowl with electric mixer, beat the heavy cream until soft peaks form.
- In a separate bowl with electric mixer, beat together the cream cheese and powdered sugar until well combined, about 1 minute.
- Add peanut butter and vanilla and beat until combined, about 1 minute.
- Fold in whipped cream until completely combined.
- Evenly spread filling over ganache layer.
- Roughly chop the remaining peanut butter cups and sprinkle over peanut butter filling.
- Lastly, drizzle with remaining ganache. You will probably need to re-melt the ganache a little so it easily drizzles.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours (ideally overnight for clean slices). Serve and enjoy!