Peaches and Cream Coffee Cake
Servings:*1 9x13 cake
- For Cream Cheese Layer
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg, (room temperature)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- For Crumb Topping
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- For Coffee Cake
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 large, ripe peaches, peely
- To make the cream cheese layer: Add cream cheese and sugar to a bowl. Beat until well combined with electric mixer. Add egg and vanilla and beat until well combined. Set aside.
- To make the crumb topping: Combine butter, sugar, flour and cinnamon in a medium bowl; stir until well combined. Set aside.
- To make the cake: Heat oven to 350 F. Spray 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Add eggs, one at a time, scraping down the sides between each addition. Add vanilla and almond extracts, beating until combined. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and baking powder; stir until well combined. Add half of the flour mixture to the butter/sugar mixture and beat until just combined. Add half of the buttermilk and beat until just combined. Repeat with remaining flour and buttermilk. Pour cake batter into prepared baking dish. Spread cream cheese mixture over cake batter with a spatula. Place sliced peaches in a single layer on top of cream cheese layer. Sprinkle with crumb topping. Bake in preheated oven for 45-50 minutes, until crumb topping is golden and cake is baked through.
- Recipe by: greens & chocolate | http://www.greensnchocolate.com/
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.