Pasta Primavera Salad
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup zucchini, 1inch pieces
- 1 cup yellow squash, 1inch pieces
- 2 cups green beans, 1inch lengths
- 6 medium tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package spiral macaroni, 7 ounce
- 1/3 cup Italian dressing
- 2 cup tablespoons dried basil, crumbled, or 1/2fresh basil, chopped
Cold pasta and vegetable salad.
- Cook first 5 vegetables in boiling salted water (2 quarts water, 1 teaspoon salt) until crisp tender (2-3 minutes for cauliflower, 1 minute for broccoli, 1-2 minutes for squash, 4 minutes for green beans). Drain, cool immediately in cold water. Drain on paper towels. Peel, seed and cut tomatoes into 1inch pieces. In skillet, heat olive oil; saute garlic 30 seconds. Stir in tomatoes, salt, sugar and pepper. Cook 2 minutes. Cook macaroni in boiling salted water (2 quarts water, 1 teaspoon salt) until al dente (about 6 minutes). Drain, rinse briefly in cold water; drain well. Place slightly warm macaroni in large bowl; toss with Italian dressing. Toss in vegetables, tomatoes and basil. Refrigerate, covered, several hours to blend flavors.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.