Panna Cotta with Roasted Berries and Balsamic Reduction
Silky and light, this melt-in-your mouth panna cotta is an
Italian classic with a coconut twist. It’s low in sugar and high in flavor with
a superfruit berry compote for a delicious antioxidant boost.
time: 40 minutes, not including chilling time
- Coconut oil for ramekins
- 1 ¼ cups Lunds & Byerlys Organic 2% Milk
- 1 envelope Knox Unflavored Gelatin
- 1 (14-ounce) can coconut milk
- ⅓ cup Wholesome Sweetener Organic Cane Sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 cups mixed fresh berries (blueberries, raspberries,
blackberries and quartered strawberries)
- 1 tablespoon Wholesome Sweetener Organic Cane Sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Alessi White Balsamic Reduction, Raspberry Infused
- Lightly coat 6 ramekins with coconut oil.
- In small bowl, pour ¼ cup milk and top with gelatin. Stir
and let sit for 10 minutes to soften gelatin.
- In small saucepan, pour coconut milk and remaining 1 cup of
milk; add sugar and vanilla bean (split bean, scrape out seeds and add seeds
and bean to saucepan).
- Over medium heat, slowly bring the mixture to a simmer,
stirring often. Cook at a gentle simmer for 5 minutes to extract flavor from
the vanilla bean and dissolve the sugar.
- Remove from heat, add gelatin mixture and stir to combine
and dissolve gelatin.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Remove vanilla bean and at the top of the bean, pinch and
run your fingers down the bean to extract all flavor and juices, adding juices
- Strain milk mixture into large measuring cup and divide
between ramekins. Chill for 4 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to high broil.
- Place berries in a glass or other non-corrosive 9×13 baking
dish and sprinkle with sugar and lemon juice. Gently toss to coat berries.
- Place in center of oven under broiler for 5-8 minutes, or
until berries pop and just start to release their juices. Do not overcook.
- Remove berries from oven and cool. Cover and chill in
refrigerator. (Roasted berries can be made up to two days ahead.)
- To serve, run a sharp knife around the edge of the ramekins
and invert onto plates to release panna cotta.
- Spoon roasted berries over all and drizzle with Alessi White
Balsamic Reduction. Serve immediately.