Pan Fried Walleye
- 4 tablespoons Butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 walleye or tilapia fillets
- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 4 teaspoons Blue River Gourmet Gone Fishin' seasoning, divided
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Season fish with salt and pepper. In shallow bowl combine flour, cornmeal and 2 teaspoons of seasoning blend. Dredge fish in flour mixture. Increase heat to medium-high. When butter stops foaming add two fish fillets to skillet. Cook until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes. Turn fish and continue to cook 2-3 minutes longer. Transfer fish to platter and keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining fish fillets. Add broth, lemon juice and remaining seasoning to skillet; boil until reduced by half. Whisk in remaining 2 tablespoons butter and cook until butter is melted. Pour pan sauce over fish and serve immediately.
- Variation:Substitute Blue River Gourmet Key West Lime pepper seasoning for the Gone Fishin' seasoning and substitute lime juice for the lemon juice.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.