Pan Fried Walleye Fillets
- 1-1/2 pounds walleye fillets
- 2 Eggs
- 1-1/2 cups panko Japanese style bread crumbs
- 4 teaspoons Lunds & Byerlys Gone Fishin Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup butter
Tilapia is also a wonderful fish for this recipe.
- Rinse fillets; pat dry with paper towels.
- In shallow plate, beat eggs. In another shallow plate, combine bread crumbs, seasoning, salt and pepper.
- In large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Coat fillets in beaten egg, then in crumb mixture. Cook walleye, turning once, until fish just flakes with a fork (8-10 minutes). Add an additional tablespoon of butter, if necessary, to prevent sticking.
FoodE Tip: If you prefer a cornmeal breading on your fish, reduce bread crumbs to ½ cup; add ½ cup flour and ½ cup cornmeal.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.