Pan-Fried Halibut with Chickpeas & Dandelion Greens
- For the dandelion greens:
- 1 tablespoon organic extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon L&B Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 bunch dandelion greens, washed, ends trimmed, cut in 3-4" pieces, (4-5 cups)
- 2 teaspoons tamari sauce, low sodium
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest, grated
- 2 cups organic garbanzo beans, unsalted, drained
- For the halibut:
- 1/3 cup organic all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup semolina flour
- 2 teaspoons L&B Gone Fishin' Blend
- 1/2 teaspoon L&B Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon L&B Onion Powder
- 1/4 cup L&B Ranch Dressing
- 1 tablespoon Dijion mustard
- 4-5 ounces halibut steaks
- 2 tablespoons organic canola oil
Heat the oven to 425 F.
To make the greens: In a large sauté pan, heat the olive oil, garlic and red pepper flakes over medium-high heat for 30 seconds, stirring frequently.
Add dandelion greens, tamari, lemon juice and zest and sauté, stirring gently, just until the dandelion greens are wilted. Add the garbanzo beans and toss. Set aside.
To prepare the halibut: In a pie plate or a pasta bowl, combine the flours and seasoning. Set aside.
In separate small bowl, combine the dressing and Dijon mustard and whisk to combine.
Brush the halibut steaks with the dressing mixture, then dredge them in the flour mixture and set aside.
In large cast iron skillet, heat the canola oil to medium-high heat. Add the halibut steaks and brown on each side for 3 minutes.
Slide the cast iron skillet into the oven to finish the halibut for 8 to 10 minutes, flipping halfway through. The fish should reach 140 F on an instant read thermometer. Serve immediately with dandelion greens.