Pan Fried Halibut with Chickpeas and Dandelion Greens
- 1 tablespoon California Olive Ranch Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Lunds and Byerlys red pepper flakes
- 1 bunch (45 cups) dandelion greens, washed, ends trimmed, cut into 3-4
- 2 teaspoons San J low sodium tamari
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 2 cups Full Circle Organic Garbanzo Beans, unsalted, drained
- 1/3 cup organic flour
- 1/3 cup semolina
- 2 teaspoons Lunds and Byerlys Gone Fishin' Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Lunds and Byerlys garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Lunds and Byerlys onion powder
- 1/4 cup Lunds and Byerlys buttermilk ranch
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- four 5 ounces halibut steaks
- 2 tablespoons Spectrum canola oil
- To prepare the dandelion greens, in large sauté pan heat olive oil, garlic and chile pepper flakes over medium high for 30 seconds, stirring frequently. Add dandelion green, tamari, lemon juice and zest and sauté stirring until dandelion greens are wilted. Add garbanzo beans and toss.
- To prepare the halibut, preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Combine flour, semolina and seasonings in bowl. Set aside. In separate bowl combine dressing and Dijon and whisk to combine. Brush halibut steaks with dressing mixture then coat in flour mixture. In large cast iron skillet, heat olive oil on medium high. Add prepared halibut steaks and brown on each side for 3 minutes. Place cast iron pan with fish in preheated oven for approximately 8-10 minutes, flip fish half way through cooking. Internal temperature of halibut should be 140 degrees F. Serve immediately with dandelion greens.
- Calories: 560 Total Fat: 22g Saturated Fat: 2.5g Trans Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 70mg Sodium: 500mg Carbohydrate: 51g Fiber: 8g Sugars: 2g Protein: 38g
- Nutrition content of this recipe is calculated by a registered dietitian nutritionist. Due to variations in ingredients and measurements, values are approximations. Nutrients provided for this recipe represent values based on the best available information. This information is not intended to treat or diagnose. Please consult your physician for diet recommendations specific to your personal needs.
Optional Ingredients: Serve halibut with Lunds and Byerlys Seafood Sauce. Great on the side!