Oven or Grill Potatoes
- 1 (2 pound) package frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 8 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 (10 34 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup corn flake crumbs
- 2 tablespoons Butter, softened
Similar to Byerly's Company Hash Browns.
- Combine first 8 ingredients.
- Spoon potato mixture into large buttered casserole. Combine corn flake crumbs and margarine; sprinkle over top. Bake, covered, in a preheated 350 F oven until hot and bubbly (40-50 minutes).
- Spoon mixture onto double layer of heavy duty foil (18x30 inch). Combine corn flake crumbs and margarine; sprinkle over top of potatoes. Pull crosswise edges of foil upwards; make double folds, squeezing foil edges tightly. Double fold end edges of foil to securely seal packet. Place sealed edge down on grill 4 inches from medium heat. Grill 20 minutes. Turn packet over; grill 20-30 minutes. Serve from packet.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.