One-Pot Chicken Pot Pie
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 Large Carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup frozen peas
- ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 1½ cups milk (I use whole milk)
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken (about 2 chicken breasts)
- For the biscuits
- 2½ cups white whole wheat flour (you could also use all-purpose)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teasppon baking soda
- ½ teaspoons salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold and cut into small pieces
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 375 F.
- In a large oven-proof pot, melt butter.
- Add onion, carrots and celery, cooking until softened, about 7-8 minutes.
- Add peas and garlic and cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper and mustard powder.
- During the time the vegetables are cooking, you can make the biscuits (directions below).
- Once the vegetables are cooked, add the flour, stirring well to combine.
- Cook for 1 minute, stirring often.
- Slowly add chicken broth and milk, stirring until well combined.
- Stir in chicken.
- Over medium heat, bring to a simmer and let it thicken for about 5 minutes.
- Drop approximately ½ cup sized biscuits on top of the pot pie filling.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, until mixture is bubbling and biscuits are golden brown.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a food processor and pulse 10 times.
- Add butter and pulse until well combined.
- Add buttermilk and pulse until dough forms.
- Add cheese and pulse until evenly distributed.
- Recipe by: greens & chocolate | http://www.greensnchocolate.com/
To make the biscuits
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.