1 month ago
One-Pot Chicken Alfredo
It’s creamy! It’s comforting! It’s easy to make! It’s our One-Pot Chicken Alfredo, and it’s what’s for dinner tonight. Here’s the recipe:
- Chop 1 bunch broccoli into bite-size florets. Set aside. Slice 2 chicken breasts in half horizontally. Season both sides with salt and black pepper.
- Heat 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Sear the chicken breasts for 5 minutes on each side, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 F. Transfer to a cutting board and slice into ½-inch-thick pieces.
- Add ½ stick unsalted butter and 1 diced yellow onion to pot and toss to coat. Cook until the onion is translucent, about 2 minutes. Add 6 minced garlic cloves and cook until fragrant, 2 minutes. Add 2 Tbsp dry white wine and cook until reduced, 2 minutes.
- Stir in 2 ½ cups chicken broth, 3 cups heavy cream and lightly season with salt and black pepper. Bring to a simmer, add 12 oz penne and simmer until the pasta is just under al dente, about 13 minutes.
- Add the broccoli florets and cook until just tender, 2 minutes. Stir in 4 oz freshly grated Parmesan cheese until melted. Stir in the chicken and season with salt and black pepper.
- Divide the pasta between bowls. Garnish with additional grated Parmesan cheese and chopped fresh parsley.
Recipe adapted from: Cafe Delites