One-Pan Roast Chicken with Potatoes, Asparagus and Lemon
Delicious roast chicken and veggies, brightened up with a touch of lemon. This comforting dish is wonderful for weeknights or weekends (a terrific Sunday supper!) – and it’s great for company, too. The best part: It all comes together in one pan, so cleanup is a breeze!
- 1½ pounds new potatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 whole chicken, cut into parts, skin removed (about 3
- 1 bunch asparagus (1 pound), trimmed and cut into 2-inch
- 1 lemon, cut into 8 wedges
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- Heat oven to 475 F. Place potatoes and half the butter in a roasting pan. Roast, tossing once, until potatoes are
golden, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Place chicken, on top of potatoes; season with salt and pepper. Roast until chicken begins to brown, about 20
- Scatter asparagus, lemon, remaining butter and thyme around chicken. Roast until asparagus is tender and chicken is opaque throughout, 5 to 15 minutes. Serve chicken, vegetables, and lemon drizzled with pan juices.
Recipe source: Martha Stewart
Amount: 4 servings
Calories: 430; Total Fat: 14g; Saturated Fat: 7g; Trans Fat:
0g; Cholesterol: 135 mg; Sodum: 210 mg; Carbohydrate: 35g; Fiber: 6g; Sugars: 4g; Protein: 41g
Nutrition content of this recipe is calculated by a
registered dietitian nutritionist. Due to variations in ingredients and measurements, values are approximations. Nutrients provided for this recipe represent values based on the best available information. This information is not intended to treat or diagnose. Please consult your physician for diet recommendations specific to your personal needs.