Nourish House Special
- 12 ounces firm organic tofu, cut into 12 cubes
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 3 tbsp (divided) Stonewall Kitchen teriyaki sauce
- 2 tsp (divided) fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tsp (divided) garlic, minced
- 3 tsp (divided) Eden toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon California Olive Ranch Olive Oil
- WHOLE GRAINS
- 2 cups Lunds & Byerlys cooked short grain brown rice or quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 lb (about 2 cups) broccoli florets, lightly blanched
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- To prepare the tofu, drain completely. Cut in half across width, then restack and cut in half across length, then cut length in thirds. You should have 12 pieces. Place tofu in bread pan. Whisk brown sugar, 1 ½ tablespoons teriyaki, 1 teaspoon ginger, 1 teaspoon garlic, 1 teaspoon sesame oil, and olive oil until combined. Pour over tofu. Cover and marinate for 2 hours. Can be marinated overnight.
- Heat skillet on medium high. Spread tofu out as single layer on pan. Pour any remaining marinade over all. Sauté for 10 minutes on each side, or until golden. Set aside.
- To prepare the whole grains, cook according to package directions. In sauté pan, heat 2 teaspoons sesame oil on medium low, add 1 teaspoon garlic and 1 teaspoon ginger and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Add mushrooms and sauté for 12-15 minutes or until tender. Add cooked whole grain, green onions and remaining 1 ½ tablespoon teriyaki sauce.
- Calories: 300 Total Fat: 12g Saturated Fat: 1.5g Trans Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 550mg Carbohydrate: 36g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 8g Protein: 12g
- Nutrition content of this recipe is calculated by a registered dietitian nutritionist. Due to variations in ingredients and measurements, values are approximations. Nutrients provided for this recipe represent values based on the best available information. This information is not intended to treat or diagnose. Please consult your physician for diet recommendations specific to your personal needs.
Optional Ingredients: can be served with Everything Sauce.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.