Nourish House Special
This flavorful dish is packed with good-for-you ingredients. Delicious served with our Everything Sauce!
For the tofu marinade:
- 12 ounces firm organic tofu, cut into 12 cubes
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Stonewall Kitchen Teriyaki Sauce, divided
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced ginger, divided
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic, divided
- 3 teaspoons Eden Toasted Sesame Oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon California Olive Ranch Olive Oil
For the whole grains:
- 2 cups Lunds & Byerlys Short Grain Brown Rice or Quinoa, cooked
- 1 ½ cups fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
For the sides:
- 1 pound (about 2 cups) broccoli florets, lightly blanched
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- To prepare the tofu, drain completely. Cut in half across width, then re-stack and cut in half across length, then cut length in thirds. You should have 12 pieces. Place tofu in bread pan.
- Whisk brown sugar, 1 ½ tablespoons teriyaki, 1 teaspoon ginger, 1 teaspoon garlic, 1 teaspoon sesame oil and olive oil until combined. Pour over tofu. Cover and marinate for 2 hours. Can be marinated overnight.
- Heat skillet on medium high. Spread tofu out as single layer on pan. Pour any remaining marinade over all. Sauté for 10 minutes on each side, or until golden. Set aside.
- Cook the rice or quinoa according to package directions.
- In sauté pan, heat 2 teaspoons sesame oil on medium low, add 1 teaspoon garlic and 1 teaspoon ginger and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and sauté for 12-15 minutes or until tender.
- Add cooked rice or quinoa, green onions and remaining 1 ½ tablespoons teriyaki sauce. Serve with broccoli and tomatoes on the side.
300 Total Fat: 12g Saturated Fat: 1.5g Trans Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium:
550mg Carbohydrate: 36g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 8g Protein: 12g
content of this recipe is calculated by a registered dietitian nutritionist.
Due to variations in ingredients and measurements, values are approximations.
Nutrients provided for this recipe represent values based on the best available
information. This information is not intended to treat or diagnose. Please
consult your physician for diet recommendations specific to your personal