Choose real food
The benefits of delicious, unprocessed foods
Eating the Nourish way means choosing a variety of fresh foods that are as close to their natural state as possible – foods that are unrefined, unprocessed or minimally processed, so you can get the maximum amount of nutrients they offer naturally.
The Nourish plan emphasizes organic and natural foods, proteins, whole grains, superfoods, dairy or dairy alternatives, fruits and vegetables. Free from unhealthy fats and artificial ingredients, these foods work for you, not against you.
Worried that unprocessed equals boring? Remember, quality ingredients do not skimp on flavor! You’ll discover a variety of tastes that will liven up your meals in new and unexpected ways.
Not sure where to start? Look for foods that meet the following criteria:
- Organic when possible
- Not processed or minimally processed
- Lunds & Byerlys All-Natural Standards
- Free of artificial colors, flavors or preservatives
- Free of trans fats and partially hydrogenated oils
- Fresh meats that are pasture-raised and from animals not given antibiotics, hormones or animal by-products.
- Responsibly-sourced seafood
- Free of high-fructose corn syrup and artificial sweeteners
- No bleached flours or sugars
Even eating this way part of the time offers a variety of health benefits. Eating real, pure food can help you achieve and maintain a healthy weight, promote health and reduce the risk of major chronic diseases. Additionally, these foods promote good digestive health, which boosts the immune system and allows your body to naturally achieve balance.