Northern Lights Walleye
- 4 (6ounce) walleye fillets
- 1 tablespoon Lunds and Byerlys Northern Lights Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Lunds and Byerlys Gone Fishin' Seasoning
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 Eggs
- 2 tablespoons Water
- 2 cups cornflake crumbs
- 1 cup vegetable oil for frying
- lemon wedges
- Tartar Sauce, (below)
Cornflake crumbs make this walleye extra crispy.
- Rinse fillets; pat dry with paper towels. Combine Northern Lights and Gone Fishin’ seasonings. Season walleye fillets with seasoning blends on both sides. Put flour in shallow plate. Beat eggs and water in another shallow plate. Put cornflake crumbs in another shallow plate. In a large cast iron skillet, add oil and heat to 350 F. Dip fillets in flour, egg mixture and finally cornflake crumbs. Add fillets to oil and fry, turning once, until fish just flakes with a fork (6-8 minutes). Carefully remove fillets with a slotted spatula and place on paper towels to drain. Serve at once with Tartar Sauce and lemon wedges.
- In a small bowl, combine 3/4 cup mayonnaise, 3 tablespoons finely minced dill pickles, 1 tablespoon finely minced capers, 1 tablespoon finely minced green onions, 1 teaspoon finely minced lemon zest, 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper. Cover and refrigerate.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.