Northern Lights Walleye
Cornflake crumbs make this walleye extra crispy!
Preparation time: 25 minutes
- 4 (6-ounce) walleye fillets
- 1 tablespoon Lunds & Byerlys Northern Lights Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Lunds & Byerlys Gone Fishin’ Seasoning
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups cornflake crumbs
- 1 cup vegetable oil for frying
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Tartar sauce, for serving (see recipe below)
- Rinse fillets; pat dry with paper towels.
- Combine Northern Lights and Gone Fishin’ Seasonings. Season walleye fillets with seasoning blends on both sides.
- Put flour in shallow plate. Beat eggs and water in another shallow plate. Put cornflake crumbs in another shallow plate.
- In a large cast iron skillet, add oil and heat to 350 F.
- Dip fillets in flour, egg mixture and finally cornflake crumbs.
- Add fillets to oil and fry, turning once, until fish just flakes with a fork (6-8 minutes).
- Carefully remove fillets with a slotted spatula and place on paper towels to drain.
- Serve at once with tartar sauce and lemon wedges.
For the tartar sauce:
In a small bowl, combine ¾ cup mayonnaise, 3 tablespoons finely minced dill pickles, 1 tablespoon finely minced capers, 1 tablespoon finely minced green onions, 1 teaspoon finely minced lemon zest, ¼ teaspoon kosher salt and ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper. Cover and refrigerate.