Northern Lights Grilled Tuna Melt with Farfalle Salad
The winner of our Lucini Salad Dressings Recipe Contest, created by Joan Donatelle, one of our FoodE Experts!
Makes 8 sandwiches with a side of pasta salad
Preparation time: 40 minutes
6 ounces L&B Farfalle Pasta
½ cup Lucini Savory Italian Herb Vinaigrette
1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half
Sea salt, to taste
Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
1 (6-ounce can) L&B Solid White Tuna
½ cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons red onion, minced
1 teaspoon L&B Northern Lights Seasoning
8 slices ciabatta bread
¼ pound Trugole cheese, grated
2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
2 tablespoons fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Heat grill to 400 F.
- Cook pasta according to directions on the package. Rinse with cold water and drain.
- Drizzle with Lucini Vinaigrette. Stir in tomatoes. Season to taste with sea salt and a pinch of crushed red pepper. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine tuna, mayonnaise, lemon juice, red onion and L&B Northern Lights Seasoning.
- Divide tuna mixture onto the 8 slices of ciabatta. Sprinkle each with the Trugole cheese.
- Lay sandwiches on a grilling sheet pan and place on grill. (If a grill isn’t available, you can easily toast in the oven under the broiler or in a toaster oven.) Close lid and grill for 5-8 minutes until the cheese is bubbling and golden brown.
- Serve sandwich with pasta salad on the side. Garnish both with fresh basil and parsley.