Northern Lights Grilled Tuna Melt with Farfalle Salad
- 6 ounces L&B Farfalle Pasta
- ½ cup Lucini Savory Italian Herb Vinaigrette
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1 (6-ounce can) L&B Solid White Tuna
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon L&B Northern Lights Seasoning
- 8 slices ciabatta bread
- ¼ pound Trugole cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
Heat grill to 400 F.
Cook pasta according to directions on the package. Rinse with cold water and drain.
Drizzle with Lucini Vinaigrette. Stir in tomatoes. Season to taste with sea salt and a pinch of crushed red pepper. Set aside.
In a small mixing bowl, combine tuna, mayonnaise, lemon juice, red onion and L&B Northern Lights Seasoning.
Divide tuna mixture onto the 8 slices of ciabatta. Sprinkle each with the Trugole cheese.
Lay sandwiches on a grilling sheet pan and place on grill. (If a grill isn’t available, you can easily toast in the oven under the broiler or in a toaster oven.) Close lid and grill for 5-8 minutes until the cheese is bubbling and golden brown.
Serve sandwich with pasta salad on the side. Garnish both with fresh basil and parsley.