New York Strip Loin Roast with Garlic-Herb Crust
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 8 leaves fresh sage
- 4 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons course ground black pepper
- 1 5 to 6 pound All-Natural Boneless New York Strip Loin Roast
Choose our Hand-Cut Choice New York Strip Loin Roast for this festive entree.
- With machine running, drop garlic into food processor; process until finely chopped. Add salt, sage, thyme, oil and pepper; process until paste forms.
- Score fat covering of roast in diamond pattern, 1/2-inch deep. Pat 2 tablespoons of paste into cut surfaces. Pat remaining herb pastel over entire roast. Refrigerate, covered, at least 3 hours or up to 24 hours.
- To Roast: Preheat oven to 450 F. Place meat, fat side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan. Roast 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 F. Roast meat until desired temperature on instant-read thermometer inserted in thickest part of meat
- Remove roast from oven; let stand covered with foil, 15-20 minutes. Slice crosswise 1/3-inch thick. Arrange slices on heated platter. Serve immediately.
- Medium rare: Remove from oven when thermometer registers 135 F. Approximately 55-70 minutes longer.
- Medium: Remove from oven when thermometer registers 145 F. Approximately 65-80 minutes longer.
- Roasts vary in thickness. Always check at the minimum suggested time.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.