By: Dave Jones, Byerly’s Edina general manager
Welcome to your new Byerly’s Edina!
If you’ve driven along France Avenue within the last year, you’ve probably noticed a second store going up on the same site as our original store.
Walking through the aisles and between our two floors, you’ll enjoy features never before seen at any Lunds or Byerly’s:
- Wine and Tap Beer: Our mezzanine level offers more than a dozen wines by the glass and eight local craft beers on tap.
- Health and Wellness: Enjoy our expanded assortment of organic herbs, teas, super foods and essential oils.
- Freshly Pressed Juices: The produce department features a wide variety of freshly pressed juices and cleanses from Zula. These raw, organic products are produced locally.
You’ll also notice additional new features only available at select Lunds and Byerly’s:
- Creations Café: Enjoy seemingly endless meal options, including made-to-order sandwiches, a rotisserie station, salad bar, Big Bowl Chinese Express, Hissho Sushi and pizzas and pastas from Tucci Pronto. Customers can dine in our café seating area or outside on the two-level patio.
- Candies and Confections: Choose from hundreds of varieties of fun-sized candies, artisan chocolates and bulk candies beautifully displayed near our atrium.
- Bone Marché Pet Market: Enjoy an impressive selection of specialty pet foods, treats and supplies for your four-legged family members.
This 51,000-square-foot store, open seven days a week from 6 a.m. to midnight, continues to offer premium choice beef, locally grown and USDA-certified organic produce, a full-service deli, and thousands of organic and natural offerings. Additional amenities include Caribou Coffee, Byerly’s Pharmacy, Bachman’s Floral, US Bank and a community room that can be reserved free of charge.
Our new Byerly’s is located on the same site as the previous Byerly’s, which will be razed as part of a total redevelopment of the site. The development will eventually include three multi-story mixed-use buildings with nearly 250 market-rate apartments and approximately 20,000 square feet of leasable retail space on the first floor. Tentative completion of the entire project is set for spring 2016, with the first housing units opening summer 2015. Schafer Richardson is leading this portion of the project. To learn more, visit 71france.com.
Back when leisure suits were cool and hacky sacks were everywhere, I started my first job as a bagger at this very location in 1973. While you probably won’t find customers walking around in bellbottoms anymore, we’ll always have what you’ve come to expect from Lunds and Byerly’s – extraordinary food, exceptional service and passionate expertise.
My staff and I look forward to continuing to serve this great city and providing the community with an added level of excellence to our offerings and services. Enjoy your new Byerly’s Edina!