Sumo Citrus Salad
A sweet, fresh salad featuring delightfully sweet Sumo citrus, drizzled with crème fraîche and topped with chopped pistachios for added crunch. Tip: If you can’t find crème fraîche, you can substitute 2 tablespoons of sour cream plus 2 teaspoons of lemon juice.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- 3 sumo citrus, sliced
- 1 blood orange, sliced
- 2 ounces crème fraîche
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier or other orange liqueur (optional)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon mint, cut into thin ribbons
- Arrange citrus slices on a serving platter. Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- To assemble, mix the crème fraîche and orange liqueur and spoon over the citrus slices. Sprinkle the brown sugar, pistachios and mint all over. Best served cold.
Recipe adapted from Daisy’s World