Mushrooms in Stilton Cream Sauce
Servings:*21 (2-inch) squares
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 pound sliced mushrooms
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 12 ounces crumbled Stilton Cheese
- 1 loaf ciabatta bread
- Heat butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms; sauté until golden brown (5-7 minutes), stirring occasionally. Add garlic; cook 1-2 minutes. Stir in cream; bring to a boil; cook until thickened (3-4 minutes). Season with freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Transfer mushroom mixture to 1½ quart baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. (Mushroom mixture can be made day ahead and refrigerated, covered.
- Sprinkle stilton over mushrooms and bake until cheese is melted and bubbly (5-10 minutes).
- While mushrooms bake, slice ciabatta bread in half lengthwise and then cut crosswise into 2 inch pieces.
- Serve mushrooms with ciabatta bread slices.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.