Morning Glory Muffins
- 2 cups apples, grated, peeled
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup - shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup Chopped Pecans
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3 Eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup oil
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 2 cups Flour
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- In a medium bowl, combine chopped apples and carrots; add coconut, pecans, raisins, beaten eggs, oil, and vanilla; mix well.
- In another bowl, combine flour, sugar, soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add wet mixture to dry ingredients, and stir just until combined. Do no over mix.
- Spoon the batter into greased or paper-lined muffin tins, filling about 2/3 full.
- Bake muffins at 350 degrees about 35 minutes or until they are springy to the touch. Allow to cool 5 minutes, then remove from muffin tins and cool completely on a rack.
- Reduced Cholesterol: Use 3/4 cup Eggbeaters in place of eggs. 0 mg cholesterol per severing.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.