Monkfish - Broiled or Steamed
- 1 1/2 pound monkfish fillets
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 teaspoons Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, cumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, cumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, cumbled
Monkfish has firm white flesh and is as succulent as lobster.
- Remove membrane from fish; rinse fish and pat dry with paper towels. Combine remaining ingredients in glass baking dish; arrange fish in marinade. Marinate, covered, in refrigerator 1-2 hours, turning once. Remove fish; reserve marinade. Broil fish on greased broiler pan 4 inches from source of heat 7-9 minutes. Turn; baste with marinade. Broil until opaque in center (7-9 minutes).
- Remove membrane; rinse fish and pat dry with paper towels. Cut fish into 2 inch pieces. Arrange on rack in large pan over simmering water; sprinkle with salt. Steam, covered, until opaque (about 12 minutes). Serve with melted butter.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.