Monger Madness: Meet the ultimate cheese champion
Thanks to everyone who joined us for Monger Madness: Three weeks, eight delicious cheeses and seven taste-offs.
We are pleased to announce our ultimate cheese champion: Bent River Camembert.
- An artisan soft-ripened cheese made in small batches by Alemar Cheese Co. in Mankato, Minnesota.
- Made from pasteurized cow’s milk.
- Named after the sharp turn of the Minnesota River just a few hundred yards from the production site.
- Features a smooth, soft texture throughout that becomes more pungent as it ripens.
- The flavor varies from mellow, mushroomy, milky, buttery to full-flavored at peak.
Based on in-store sampling and customer votes, this tasty cheese was chosen as the fan favorite.
Try it for yourself! Look for it in our cheese department.