Mom Byerly's Pork Chops and Wild Rice
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 4 lean boneless pork chops
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- .5 teaspoons Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1(10 3/4 oz) 97 percent fat free cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup Water
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
This favorite wild rice recipe has been adapted for the new leaner pork by reducing the cooking time.
- Spoon wild rice into lightly greased 7x11 inch baking pan. In heavy skillet, brown chops in oil; season with salt and pepper. Arrange browned chops on top of rice. In same skillet, saute onion until golden ; drain. Stir in soup, water and sherry. Bring to a boil, stirring up browned portions on bottom of skillet; pour over chops and rice. Bake, covered, in a preheated 325 F oven 30 minutes. Uncover and bake until meat reaches an internal temperature of 155 F (about 10 minutes longer).
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.