- 3 1/2 cups Water
- 4 tablespoons Butter or Margarine, divided
- 2 (66 ounce) boxes Near East Toasted Almond Mix
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 1/2 cups diced shitake mushrooms
- 1/2 cup snipped fresh parsley
- carrot flowers
- sprigs of chive
A mix enhanced with carrots, mushrooms and parsley.
- In 3-quart saucepan, bring water and 2 tablespoons butter to a boil. Stir in rice and spice packages and carrots. Return to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low. Simmer until most of water is absorbed (20-25 minutes). Meanwhile, in small skillet, saute mushrooms in remaining 2 tablespoons butter until tender (4-5 minutes). Stir mushrooms and parsley into rice mixture.
- To Serve: Pack pilaf into 8 (3/4 cup) or 12 (1/2 cup) buttered rice molds. Invert onto serving platter or dinner plates. Garnish with carrot flowers and sprigs of chive. Serve immediately.
- Tips: Cooked rice mixture in molds may stand at room temperature up to 30 minutes. Reheat, 4 at a time in microwave (HIGH) for 1 to 2 minutes.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.