Mixed Greens with Persimmons and Walnuts
- 1/3 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons walnut oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (10 ounce) package Dole® Hearts of Romaine Mix
- 4 cups packed, stemmed baby spinach
- 3 cups torn radicchio
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions including some tops
- 3 Fuyu persimmons, peeled, halved, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
Orange concentrate adds body and piquant flavor to this dressing.
- In small bowl, whisk together first 6 ingredients. In large bowl, combine romaine, spinach, radicchio, green onions and half of persimmon slices. Add dressing; toss to coat. Divide salad among 8-10 salad plates. Arrange remaining persimmon slices on each salad; sprinkle with toasted walnuts.
- Tip: Two medium golden delicious apples, thinly sliced, may be substituted for persimmons.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.