Mini Loaded Club Sandwiches
We took a classic club sandwich, loaded it with good stuff AND shrunk it down to an easy-to-eat size. In other words, we created the perfect lunchtime paradox: small sandwich, big flavor.
With bacon, ham and turkey, this sandwich is filling and hearty. Fresh tomato and spring greens act as the ideal foil for that satisfying stack of meat, and toasted L&B Caraway Rye Artisan Bread gives it that classic club feel. Five-minute prep means you’re in and out of the kitchen in a snap, so you can spend more time enjoying these delicious sandwiches with your family — and less time making them.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
8 slices L&B Uncured Thick-Cut Hickory Smoked Bacon
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
8 ½”-thick slices L&B Caraway Rye Artisan Bread
½ cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
8 slices L&B Black Forest Uncured Ham
4 slices L&B Oven Roasted Turkey Breast
4 slices white cheddar cheese
2 vine-on tomatoes, thinly sliced
1 avocado, thinly sliced
Kosher salt, to taste
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2 cups loosely packed mixed spring greens
- Heat oven to 400 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, place the bacon in a single layer on the baking sheet and cook until crispy, 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. When cool enough to handle, cut the pieces in half.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Spread a thin layer of butter on both sides of each slice of bread. Toast the bread in the skillet until golden brown and crispy, about 2 minutes per side.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise and Dijon mustard. Spread 1 tablespoon Dijon mayo on one side of the bread slices.
- To make one sandwich, layer one piece of bread with 2 slices of ham, 1 slice of turkey, 1 slice of cheddar, 4 pieces of bacon, 2 tomato slices, and ¼ of the avocado slices. Season with salt and black pepper. Top with a pinch of greens and another slice of bread, mayo side down.
- Repeat step 4 to make the remaining sandwiches.
- Secure each mini sandwich with a toothpick and serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from: Delish