Classic New York Style Pizza
- 1 L&B ready-made Wheat or White Pizza Dough
- ½ cup cornmeal
- ½ pound L&B Fresh All-Natural Hot Italian Sausage Links, grilled or pan fried
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried fennel seed
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced Italian tomatoes, drained, and squeezed to remove most of the liquid
- 1 teaspoon L&B Pizza Seasoning
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced in rounds
- 2 cups Burrata or fresh Mozzarella cheese
- 1 bunch basil, chiffonade
- 1 drizzle balsamic glaze
- Heat oven to 450 F. Remove pizza dough from refrigerator and let stand for 20 minutes. Sprinkle cornmeal on a large rimmed baking sheet or pizza stone.
- Grill or pan fry sausages until 155 degrees on an instant read thermometer. Set aside.
- Gently stretch the rested dough onto the cornmeal pan, pushing it evenly to the edges, leaving a generous edge. Rub the olive oil, fennel, and garlic onto the crust. Spread with the pizza sauce and top with diced tomatoes. Sprinkle with L&B Pizza Seasoning.
- Slice the sausages on the diagonal into ¼ inch slices. Top the pizza with the sausage and yellow pepper rounds. Add sliced Burrata or fresh mozzarella and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Sprinkle with basil and generously drizzle with balsamic glaze and enjoy!
- Amount: 1 pizza
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.