Mediterranean Couscous Salad
- 3 1/2 cups Water
- 2 1/2 cups Golden Jewel Blend couscous
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 8 ounces fresh spinach, stems removed
- 1 cup sun dried tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup pitted Calamata olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- In medium pot, bring water to a boil. Stir in Golden Jewel Blend, bring back to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, 10 minutes. Set aside to cool. Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, salt and sugar. Heat 4 tablespoons oil/lemon juice mixture in small sauté pan; add garlic and heat 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add spinach; stir until wilted and fully coated.
- Fluff couscous with a fork and transfer to a large bowl. Combine couscous with garlic mixture and all remaining ingredients, except feta cheese; mix well, chill. To serve: garnish with feta cheese.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.