Mediterranean Chicken with Penne Pasta
- 6 ounces penne, bow tie, or ziti pasta
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, or thighs, cut into 1 1/2
- 2 red peppers, or yellow bell peppers, cut into 1
- 2 1/2 tablespoons garlic flavored olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, or yellow squash, cut into 1/4
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoons Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup julienned fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh rosemary
- freshly grated parmesan cheese, or crumbled goat cheese, (optional)
This dish explodes with flavor.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a 10x15" jelly roll pan or shallow roasting pan, combine chicken and peppers. Drizzle with oil; toss well to coat. Bake in a preheated 475 degree oven 5 minutes; add zucchini and toss well. Continue baking 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with vinegar, salt and pepper; toss well. Drain pasta; add to chicken mixture with basil and rosemary; toss well. Sprinkle with cheese, if desired.
- Variation: 12 ounce shelled and deveined uncooked large shrimp may be substituted for chicken. Add with zucchini.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.