Meatball Banh Mi
Spicy, delicious banh mi sandwiches
originated in Vietnam. Served on a soft baguette, they typically include meat,
cilantro, cucumbers, mayo and pickled vegetables. Here’s our take on this
Preparation time: 30
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sriracha, plus more for topping
- 1 baguette, sliced into 4 pieces
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1-2 carrots, shredded
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- Heat oven to 400 F.
- Combine pork, egg and breadcrumbs and form
into meatballs. Place meatballs on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Mix brown sugar, lime juice, fish sauce,
soy sauce and sriracha; drizzle over meatballs, reserving a little bit of the
- Bake the meatballs for 25 minutes, spooning
the remainder of the sauce over the meatballs toward the end of the cook time.
baguette pieces lengthwise and spread mayo on bottom half of each. Top with
shredded carrot, cucumber, cilantro and cooked meatballs. Top with more
sriracha. Serve warm.