Maple-Baked Oats with Apples & Pecans
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 1/4 cups oats (not quick-cooking or instant)
- 1 large apple, cored and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup chopped dried apple
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Heat oven to 350 F.
Grease a large oven-safe baking dish. Whisk together eggs, milk, maple syrup and melted butter. Set mixture aside.
Place oats, fresh apple, dried apple, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and pecans in the baking dish. Toss gently until well combined. Evenly pour egg-milk mixture over oat mixture.
Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed by oats. Serve warm with additional maple syrup, if desired.