Manchego Savory Pillows
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons Lunds and Byerlys Tuscan Herb Blend
- 5/6 cups grated Manchego cheese
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- heart shaped cutter
Biscuits wearing a Spanish flavor.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Combine flour and butter with a pastry cutter until pea-sized. Add the sugar, baking powder, herbs, 1/2 cup Manchego, buttermilk and salt.
- Roll out on a floured surface to 1/2-inch thickness. Using a heart-shaped cutter, cut out the pillows. Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet in a preheated 400 F oven for 18-25 minutes or until golden brown.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.