Shrimp Fried Rice
This flavorful fried rice cooks up fast – the perfect dinner for busy weeknights.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
12 peeled, deveined small shrimp
8 scallions, whites chopped, greens thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tablespoon finely chopped peeled ginger
3 cups cold cooked white rice
2 large eggs, beaten
½ cup frozen edamame, thawed
½ cup frozen peas, thawed
3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Season shrimp with salt and cook, turning once, until just opaque in the center, about 3 minutes; transfer to a plate.
- Heat remaining tablespoon vegetable oil in same skillet; add scallion whites, garlic and ginger. Cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add rice and stir to coat. Cook until rice is crisp, about 2 minutes.
- Push rice to one side of skillet; add eggs to other side and cook, stirring and working into rice mixture, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add edamame, peas, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil and cooked shrimp. Cook, tossing constantly, until shrimp and vegetables are heated through, about 1 minute. Top with scallion greens.
Recipe source: Bon Appétit