4 years ago
Pork, Ginger & Apple Gyoza
These savory steamed potstickers are a Chinese classic! Tip: You can assemble them ahead of time, then steam them right before serving.
Preparation time: 1 hour 25 minutes
- 50 wonton wrappers
- 1 pound ground pork
- 3 tablespoons ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 Pink Lady apples, grated and squeezed to remove extra juice
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 chopped green onions plus extra for garnish
- 1 bunch chopped cilantro
- Combine all ingredients together except the wonton wrappers.
- Place one teaspoon of the pork mixture on a wonton wrapper. Dip your finger in a small bowl of water and wet around the edges of the wonton wrapper so it will stick when you fold it over.
- Fold the wrapper in half and seal tightly by pinching the edges together.
- Heat a nonstick pan with enough sesame oil to lightly cover the pan and fry the base of the potstickers until golden brown.
- Add 4 tablespoons of water to the pan and add a lid or tin foil to create a seal. Let the potstickers steam for about 5-7 minutes (keep adding water if it dries up) or until they become slightly translucent.
- Serve with a bowl of soy sauce and garnish with chopped green onion.
Recipe adapted from Pink Lady Apples