Make it at home: Farrout Broccoli Kale Salad
Now you can make our deli favorite Farrout Broccoli Kale Salad at home! Bursting with fresh, healthy ingredients including whole grain farro, broccoli florets, kale, dried apricots, sun-dried tomatoes, Parmesan cheese and a honey mustard vinaigrette.
Preparation time: 40 minutes
- 1 ½ cups farro
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅓ cup sun-dried tomatoes, julienne cut or whole cut into small strips
- 1 head fresh broccoli, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 head fresh kale, stems removed, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 10 dried apricots, cut into small strips
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- 5 twists fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- Rinse farro under cold running water. Combine with 4 cups of water and 1 teaspoon of kosher salt in small saucepan. Bring to boil, reduce to simmer, cover and cook until tender & water is mostly absorbed (about 15-20 minutes). Remove from heat, drain and completely chill in refrigerator.
- While farro is cooking, prepare vegetables, cut apricots into strips and place in a large salad bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, combine minced garlic and shallots with mustard, honey, fresh squeezed lemon juice, salt and black pepper. Mix using a wire whisk and slowly add olive oil until dressing is combined or emulsified. If using an immersion mixer, simply add all ingredients to bowl and blend.
- Once farro is chilled, add to vegetables in salad bowl. Pour dressing over top and gently toss. Using tongs or washed hands, place salad on serving dish, sprinkle Parmesan over top of salad and serve.