5 months ago
Make it at home: Beer Cheese Soup
Now you can make this customer favorite at home! Garnish with popcorn, croutons, minced parsley, chives, minced green onion or crumbled crisp bacon.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
- ½ cup minced onion
- ½ cup butter
- ⅔ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 10 ½ ounces chicken broth
- 4 cups milk
- 12 ounces beer (use anything you would drink)
- 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- In large pot on medium heat, cook onion in butter until soft.
- Gradually blend in flour, stirring constantly.
- Add seasonings and stir to incorporate.
- Gradually stir in broth, milk and beer.
- Cook over medium heat; stir constantly until mixture comes to a boil
- Reduce heat to a simmer and continue stirring occasionally until soup thickens.
- For a smooth and creamy soup, blend with an immersion blender (or blend in batches in a regular blender).
- Add cheese and stir until melted and creamy.
- Serve with your favorite toppings, such as popcorn and chives.