Lunds & Byerlys Fresh Guacamole
Now you can make our popular Cinco de Mayo guacamole recipe any time of the year!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, finely chopped with seeds*
- 4 Hass avocados, ripe
- 2 tablespoons Italia Lime Juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (fine or medium grind)
- 1-2 Bushel Boy Vine-Ripened Tomatoes, diced
- Wash and air dry cilantro and jalapeño pepper. Chef tip: Washed cilantro can be placed in a lettuce spinner to remove excess water.
- Finely chop pepper and cilantro; set aside. Chef tip: If you want an extra punch of cilantro flavor, chop up about half of the cilantro stems in addition to the leaves, as they contain more flavor than leaves.
- Cut avocado in half, remove pit and reserve. Scoop into a medium size bowl; discard skin.
- Add lime juice and salt, then mash, using a fork or potato masher, until texture is about half chunky and half smooth and all ingredients are combined.
- Fold in cilantro, jalapeño and tomatoes.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate in airtight container for up to 4 days. (Hint: store with pit to help reduce the natural browning that occurs when the avocado is exposed to the oxygen in the air.)
*Leave jalapeño seeds in for more heat; remove for a milder taste.