Lobster Potato Cakes
- 2 cups roasted and diced fingerling potatoes
- 8 ounce cold water lobster tail, thawed, cleaned and chopped
- 1 leek, white part only, diced
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 egg, beaten
- 5 tablespoons panko bread crumbs
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 2 tablespoons crème fraîche
- 1/4 cup diced red pepper
- 1 tablespoon potato flour
- salt and pepper to taste
Serve these spectacular cakes with Spring Green Slaw.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Dice potatoes into 1/4-inch pieces. Toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 teaspoon kosher salt. Spread on a baking pan and roast in oven until tender, about 15-18 minutes. Cool in refrigerator.
- Remove lobster meat from shell and chop into 1/4-inch chunks; set aside.
- Clean and dice white part of leek only; sauté in 1 tablespoon butter until soft, about 4-6 minutes. Add leeks to cooled potatoes; mix together using a potato masher until coarsely mashed; chill. When chilled, add lobster met, tarragon, lemon zest, egg, bread crumbs, crème fraîche, red pepper and potato flour. Let mixture stand for 30 minutes before forming and cooking cakes.
- In a non-stick skillet, add the remaining olive oil and heat over medium temperature. Using 4 ounces lobster mixture for each pancake, form pancakes and fry 6-8 minutes on each side until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and serve immediately.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.