Lemon Ricotta Hot Cakes
Servings:*18 (3-inch) pancakes
- 6 large eggs, seperated
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup Butter, melted, cooled
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla or lemon extract
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 3 tablespoons grated lemon zest, divided
- Powdered Sugar
- fresh blackberries
Great for breakfast, brunch or special occasions.
- In mixer bowl, beat egg yolks; add next three ingredients. Blend until smooth. Combine flour, sugar, salt and 2 tablespoons zest; stir into ricotta mixture. With an electric mixer, beat egg whites until firm peaks form. Gently fold egg whites into batter. Lightly grease griddle; place over medium heat for 1 minute. For each pancake, spoon 1/4 cup batter on griddle in 3-inch circle. Cook pancakes several minutes on each side until golden. Serve immediately or place pancakes on ovenproof dish; cover loosely with foil. Keep warm in 200 F oven.
- To Serve: Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Top with remaining lemon zest; garnish with blackberries
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.